Love is in the Air, but sadness can still be in our hearts. One advantage to living in Southern California is the perfect weather.Read More
Depression is often defined as a feeling of hopelessness, loss of energy that nothing matters or you’re not good enough. For people that suffer mild depression engaging in the activities listed can help renew your energy and lift your spirits.
Top 5 Easy Depression Busters:
1. Take a walk even as little as 10 minutes as been shown to increase one’s mood. Aim for 30 minutes every day. Do have time? The good news is the minutes can add up so take three 10 minute breaks if you just can’t fit it all in at once.
2. Watch a comedy. Laughter release endorphins in the brain that make you feel good and provide sense of wellbeing. Laughter also reduces stress and can even increase your immune system. Laughter also adds happiness and joy to our lives.
3. Get enough sleep. Aim for 7-8 hours of sleep a night. Sleep effects everything in our lives, it regulates hormone production, provides us with mental alertness, emotional balance and creativity. Sleep is restorative to the body and helps with repairing cell damaged caused during the day.
4. Spend time with friends and loved ones. Social interactions help us live longer and happier lives. Telling your best friend about your day reduces the stress hormones and promotes feelings of being supported and understood.
5. Get a little light, sunlight that is. Sunlight is essential to a healthy lifestyle. Not enough can make the depression worse. We needs a little each day. So take your walk outside, enjoy a lunch with a friend in the garden a little goes a long way.
This may sound simple but little changes really do add up. Our body and mind are meant to move and the movement adds with hormones that make our bodies happier. Try the about for at least a two weeks and let us know what helped you.