How do you see us if you have IEHP?

IEHP cards have a Member Services number on the back. You can self-refer to a therapist, but not to a psychiatrist. A therapist will talk with you and work with you to work through problems you are facing. A psychiatrist is a medical doctor who prescribes medication. If you need a psychiatrist IEHP requires that you see a therapist to get a referral.

  • Call the Member Services Number.

  • Tell them you need a referral to a therapist. They will ask you some questions to make sure you are safe in that moment, and then will work with you.

  • Tell IEHP you want to be seen by Central Counseling Services.

  • They will give you a referral beginning with an “H”.

  • Once you have that you can call our office and make an appointment. We can see the referral online once they have approved it.

  • If you need a psychiatrist our therapist will complete that referral for you during or after your appointment.

  • Our staff do not manage medications of any kind.

  • If you are suicidal or considering harming yourself or someone else, you can go to the nearest ER, and IEHP will help you with that.